Never competed before? Started competing but want to really understand the in’s and out’s of competition flying - what is the “start clock” game anyway? What is a leading bonus and how can I get one? What does this Flytec instrument do, other than beep at me? Should I lower my sprogs? Who is Dr. Jack and what is a RASP? How do I choose which comps to go to?.
Get the answers to these questions and many more along with personalized in-flight instruction from the worlds best. From May 10 - 15, 2014 Flytec USA will be hosting the first ever Camp Flytec. We’ll be inviting no more than 25 pilots to join us the week before the Flytec Americus Cup at Souther Field in Americus, Georgia for the best and most personalized competition training available.
Camp Flytec includes:
- 6 days of specially tailored, scored competition tasks (weather permitting);
- daily ground school courses on instrument setup and use, landing approaches, thermaling techniques, micrometeorology, racing techniques, competition rules, equipment tuning and overall competition strategy;
- small group (no more than 3-4 pilots per instructor) in air, on task instruction via radio with a different top ranked, world class instructor each day - every participant will get an opportunity to fly with every instructor;
- “Cross Country Racing” course book written by Paris Williams and other written course materials to take home and study after the clinic;
- retrieve and lunches provided daily;
- nightly informal “roundtable” debriefing of day’s task with instructors and other teammates;
- optional ET landing clinics for all interested (extra fee for this supplement);
- closing dinner and awards;
- FLYTEC speed sleeves;
MITCH SHIPLEY - PhD, USHPA Instructor of the Year 2013, Master Pilot and US national team pilot will bring his unique perspective with emphasis on utilizing all of the amazing features the Flytec instruments have to offer, weather and soaring analysis, as well as expert landing advice using the ET (Electra Tow) ground based towing system with video review of landings.
JONNY DURAND JR. - Red Bull team pilot, Moyes test pilot and top dog, world record holder and top ten WPRS ranked pilot, Jonny brings 12+ years of top level competition, long distance record flying and glider setup and tuning experience.
DUSTIN MARTIN - World open distance record holder flying 761km from Zapata, Texas with more 10+ hour flights than most anyone on the planet makes Dustin the king of endurance flying. He’ll teach us all what it takes to stay in the air for 12 hours.
ZAC MAJORS - Multiple time US national team pilot, current number 1 US pilot in the WPRS rankings and professional hang gliding instructor, Zac is known worldwide for his “balls to the wall” flying style, blazing into goal miles ahead of the entire field on a regular basis.
GLEN MCFARLANE - Australia’s newest up and comer with two recent international podium finishes this past summer in Europe, quickly moving up the WPRS rankings and snatching the National Champion title from Jonny at the Forbes Flatlands 2014, Glen brings a fresh, newcomer perspective.
CARL WALLBANK - Top ten WPRS ranked UK pilot , Carl can share his vast team flying experience on the multi-time, ultra organized multiple medal winning British team. Carl’s consistency over many years of international competition makes him a valuable source of information on effective team flying and general competition strategy.
If you’re interested in joining us for Camp Flytec, contact Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited. Cost will depend on the number of participants.